T-minus 9 days until Valentines day! Are you a v-day fan or no? To be honest, I don’t really loveeee it, but it is a fun excuse to buy a new skirt and get my man to take me out! So what are YOUR plans for this valentines? Date night? Girls night out? Night in with your dog? Whatever your plans I’ve got you covered friend. Let’s talk about this outfit.Read More
1. What girl doesn't love a cozy throw? If you know one let me know! Cause I have yet to meet anyone at all who doesn't love comfy blankets. This one from good ole' Target is super cute and perfect for V-Day!
2. Bar necklaces are such a simple way to spice up a look, and they are SO on trend right now! Sometimes buying budget jewelry can be tricky, knowing what to get, knowing what won't turn skin green! But Francesca's always has the best stuff, like this under $20 gold necklace! Perfect for any girl.
3. Trinket trays are one of my favorite gifts to give because they are super cute, actually useful, and you really can't have too many! (Well, I guess you can if you have one in every room...) Again, Francesca's is my top stop for cute trays like this one! They have TONS of others if this one isn't your jam.
4. These little Travel jewelry organizers from Target are the BEST! I use mine all the time and now they come in cute little heart shapes, perfect for Valentines! I love the blush, but they come in several colors including gold glitter!!!! (I'm probably going to pick that one up too...)
5. If you're looking for some gorgeous budget earrings for inside the organizer these tassel ones from Sugarfix are the cutest. I have tons of pieces from the Bauble Bar X Target line and they are such great quality for the very low price! (These also come in a bunch of colors!)
6. For your girl (or gal pal) because she's FLAWLESS! I love makeup bags/pouches like this rose gold one from (yet again...) Francesca's because they work great for storing makeup and/or school supplies! I love tossing pouches like this into my large purses!
7. These NARS lip glides are f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s!! I love this formula so much, it's light on the lips, holds a pigment, and doesn't dry up like a dessert! These little guys are perfect for throwing in a bag or leaving in the car!
8. Now, like I said the NARS lip glides are super hydrating, but for when the lady in your life is looking for some relief when her lips do dry out, this lip scrub is bomb. Lush is bomb in general! But I especially love these scrubs, they taste and smell delicious and come in several 'flavors.' This one is the valentines edition!
9. Wrapping this up with my FAVORITE mug everrrrr. I use this mug on the daily! It's huge, super cute and keeps my coffee warm for quite a while. They come in every letter and are on sale for under $7 right now!!!!!
I hope I could help give you a few ideas for what to get your girl, your best friends, or maybe even to treat yourself this Valentines Day! Without breaking the bank too!!! Everything is linked below.
Theres a certain belief in the world, that the younger you are the less you know about love. I don't think that's true. I think in order to understand what it means to love and to be loved, you just have to find the person who makes the word true. I found that person my sophomore year of high school. He was my best friend's date to homecoming.
If I were to tell you our whole story it would A.) be super super sappy and embarrassing and B.) it would be very long because I can talk about my guy for hourssss. But in the spirit of Valentines Day I wanted to share a few short stories about our relationship, things he has done selflessly for me that made me fall in love all over again. (So yes, I'm basically bragging about my boyfriend and how he's a GREAT boyfriend and person in general, and I hope every girl find a guy like him. Key word: LIKE)
"My Super Princess"
When Mark and I had first started dating we spent a lotttt of time texting and playing Words with Friends (yes you read that right). One night when we were up way past our bedtimes on our phones (my apologies to our parents!!) I jokingly called myself a princess. His response was that I was not just a normal princess, but a "super princess." For some reason that moment just made me the happiest girl in the world, and the silly nickname stuck. It serves as the purpose behind the tiara shape necklace and ring he bought me for birthdays and Christmas! Just one of those simple things that makes life so much better.
That one time I forgot my lunch
I remember this day SO clearly for absolutely no reason at all other than Mark swooped in as my knight in shining armor, per the usual. This particular day was a bad day. I woke up late, had a meeting before school, forgot my lunch and forgot lunch money. I was mostly stressed because I didn't know how I was going to eat for the day and you know me, I loveee food. When Mark showed up at school he had a bag full of all the gluten free items he could find. Tortilla chips with Taco Bell Hot sauce and fruit snacks were among the goodies. I don't know if he realized it then or now, but that moment meant so much to me and still serves as one of the major reasons I fell so hard for him.
5 weeks apart
Last summer we spent a little more time apart than either of us would have preferred (okay a lot more). At the beginning of the summer Mark's family went on a two week trip to Mexico and immediately following his return (1 day after) my family travelled out west for a three week road trip. Needless to say, I was not looking forward to missing him so much. So what does my amazing boyfriend do? He writes me a note for every day we are apart in a little notepad. The first day's note reads "Dear Shannon, 1st of all, DO NOT flip ahead!!! Each day that I'm gone, I wrote you a note. So, only flip when it's that day. Thank you, I love you :)"
As you can imagine, there are so many more stories. Some are personal, some are super simple. Like dancing with me in the car for hours to Katy Perry or taking a whole week out of his summer to lead a group of children at VBS with me. There's the time he carried the train of my dress at prom without prompting from our moms or how he was there for me when my dog died. I'm so blessed to call Mark mine this valentines day and every day. I hope these short stories about us made you laugh or smile!
Happy almost Valentines Day!! This year, during the holiday of loveeee, I wanted to focus on something I think many of us don't love nearly enough, ourselves. It's taken a long time for me to begin to find love for myself and I still work towards it each and every day. But, I've found that loving who you are is a beautiful thing and I see far too many lovely people who don't give themselves enough of it! So here are my top 8 ways to love yourself a little more this Valentines day, or any day really!!
It's a sad phenomenon, but I find that it's a pretty common thing for many people to struggle to accept compliments. I think that sometimes we don't even realize we are doing it. The standard response of "no I'm not!" is said far to often as opposed to a simple "thank you." Next time someone compliments your hair or your outfit, or even your personality or achievements, take it to heart! Believe them!
Take time for yourself
This has always been something I've struggled with. Between school, work and church commitments I have spent a lot of my life over booking and putting my personal loves on the back burner. You do SO much in your daily lives, take a break every now and then to unwind! Read a book, binge your fav Netflix show, treat yourself to a large pizza!
Be kind to others
There's something about kindness that puts everyone in a good mood. Take some extra time out of your week to dedicate an hour to your local food pantry, or make an effort to compliment others when you can. Buy your mom flowers, smile and hold the door for passing strangers, be a light in the world and that light will shine within your soul.
Dress, do your makeup, and hair how YOU want to!
Whether it's casual sweats and a tee or a long glamorous gown, no makeup at all or full on glam, do what YOU want. I'm so sick of the criticism. Honestly, I am so much happier when I block out the negative nancys of the world and focus on presenting myself how I want to and how I feel most confident!
When I go on my little health kicks I notice a few things about both my physical and emotional health. Beyond loosing the little chub on my tummy, I also feel so much better! Eat good feed good is a REAL thing people!!!
Surround yourself with POSITIVE people
Again with the negative nancys! Do you need people who tear you down? Heck no! It's okay to end relationships. Some people are just not meant to be in your life and at some point we all should accept that it's okay. It's 100% okay to distance yourself from the people who cast a negative shadow.
Reflect at the end of the day
There's a lot of ways to do this; write it down, say a prayer, make a list in your head. Whatever your method of choice, reflect on the good and the bad at the end of every day. In doing this you allow yourself to recapture memories that otherwise may have been completely overlooked. It also can help you to realize how many good "little things" happen every single day. You pet that cute dog in the park! A baby giggled at you in the grocery store! The sun was SHINING!
Dedicate yourself to your passions
This is so so key (MAJOR KEY) to working towards a healthy and happy mindset in terms of personal love. If you dislike something, quit. I know, I know, we were all taught NOT to quit back in our little league days. But if you've given something a fair shot it's not quitting in my opinion. It's being clear enough in your own mind to know where your passions lie and where they don't. And, I find that putting my passions first typically allows for happier days.
I hope you all have a happy Valentines day tomorrow! Whether spent with your other half, your girl friends, your family or yourself, I hope your day is filled with lots of love!